Beam Analysis & its Database Features
- Plots of Shear Force, Bending Moment & Deflection are shown in 3
separate diagrams. Moving the mouse pointer over these diagrams displays the exact
magnitudes of Shear, Bending Moment and Deflection at any desired point on the span.
- Plots of Shear Force, Bending Moment &
Deflection are shown in 3 separate diagrams. Moving the
mouse pointer over these diagrams displays the exact magnitudes of
Shear, Bending Moment and Deflection at any desired point on the
- A beam length can have up to 3 middle supports at
a Mouse Click. This makes it a Single, Two, Three or Four
Span continuous beam for analysis. Position of each support
can be set to any required value within the member length.
- Nine types of loads are permitted on the span.
They are: Point Load; Full Span UDL per-unit length; Full Span UDL
Total; Patch UDL per unit length; Patch UDL Total; Left Triangular
Patch Total; Right Triangular Patch Total; Moment; Twin Point
- Each applied load can have its individual Load
Factor. A mouse click allows the analysis results to become
factored or un-factored.
- Any unit of Force, Length, Inertia, Modulus
and Deflection can be selected for analysis.
- Decimal Places for Analysis Locations, Shear
Force, Bending Moment and Deflection values can be set to any
- Data Store facility keeps information for up to
500 beams in a worksheet STORE. By using a reference number
in the range 1001 to 1500, each beam details can be retrieved,
changed and used for analysis with ease at a later date.
- Worksheet STORE includes two columns for Auto
Analysis selection. One column allows selection for analysis
and the other selection for printing. All or selected beams
can therefore be analysed and or their results printed by a mouse
click based on the selection so made.
- The worksheet STORE also keeps maximum and minimum
values of deflection, shear and moment for each beam analysis.
After Auto Analysis, this information can be used for design
- The worksheet STORE is a visible Database of up to
500 beams. This data can be examined and changed using usual
- The template has virtually no user interface.
Printed Output matches the Screen display. Knowing the use
of Excel 97 and being able to understand the output is sufficient
for its use.
- Shaded cells in the input and the corresponding
output mean "User Input" and unshaded cells
"Spreadsheet Results". For further details refer
to “Notes” within the spreadsheet.
- Green, Yellow and Red colouring of cells guides
the user through the data input process.
- The analysis results are produced at 30 equi-distant
points along the member length. If required, the user can
set each point to any exact position.